Sacramento Valley Midwifery Care (SVMC) is excited to introduce our newest prenatal care package - FlexibleCare. This package is the ideal choice for mothers who prefer personalized, family-oriented prenatal care with an experienced homebirth certified nurse-midwife (CNM), yet wish to retain the flexibility of birthing in a hospital setting.
This modern and innovative care package is designed with the mother in mind and includes comprehensive prenatal care throughout the duration of the pregnancy and postpartum period. Visits include all routine prenatal care with a CNM, labor and birth education, 24/7 phone support from a registered nurse and/or a CNM, as well as doula/monitrice support throughout labor at your preferred hospital. Women have strong, capable bodies and SVMC advocates empowering and supporting each woman in the birth setting of her choice.
- Hour long prenatal visits
- Diagnostic testing explained and offered throughout pregnancy with respectful acceptance of your decisions
- Prenatal education and partner support to ensure you feel prepared for labor and birth
- 24/7 phone support from an RN and/or CNM
- Doula/monitrice support during labor (both at home and in the hospital)
- Extensive postpartum care to ensure both mom and baby are healthy, happy and adjusting well
- Breastfeeding support
- $3,000 paid during the course of your prenatal care with a flexible payment plan
- Postpartum package (please click HERE to learn more)
- Belly binding
What is a monitrice?
Just like a doula, a monitrice provides continuous physical, emotional, and informational support to a woman during labor, birth and the immediate postpartum period. Unlike a doula, whose scope of practice prevents her from providing any clinical services, a monitrice is medically trained and is able to perform limited clinical assessments such as monitoring the baby's heart rate during labor, mom's vital signs, and assessing cervical dilation.